Every year, a whole bunch of new jewellery trends emerge from the runways, and then, there are street-style experts, who have their own take on fashion. Since we are all set to welcome the New Year, it’s time for a few predictions. Below are the six jewellery styles that you may see in 2018.
- Mixed earrings. A couple of years back, designers came up with the idea of wearing one earring. Soon after, we had pairs that were a ‘mix and match’ of two different styles. Experts believe that the trend is not going anywhere. You will see more differently-paired earrings in 2018, often with very unique motifs. If you like to create your own style, this is something you can experiment with.
- Danglers will be around. Large, oversized and funky earrings are not going anywhere in 2018. Back in the day, it was all about studs, but for the next year, you will see more bigger pieces, often inspired from tribal and ethnic elements of the East and the West. If you are a fan of loud jewellery, you should stock a few.
- Bracelets are here to stay. Back in 2017 summer, designers worked with a wide range of big cuff bracelets. Apart from the western styles, there were ethnic twists to the style in India too. Bracelets will continue to be an item of fascination for the coming year, given that some of the bigger statement pieces made a comeback for the fall too.
- Love the choker. The choker is one of the retro trends that revived a couple of years back. Since then, we have seen the choker in almost every style. You can expect to see more of the black thread chokers for 2018 too. You can go all dainty or can create your own – the choice is yours.
- More of silver. The days of rose gold jewellery are gone. In 2018, expect to see a lot of silver jewellery, including delicate and chunky pieces. You will find a lot of different ideas to choose from, right from rings and earrings to thin, layered neckpieces. If you don’t want to invest in pure silver, go for sterling silver, which has the most fascinating shine.
- Layered neckpieces. Well, layered neckpieces with thin and often elegant chains have been a range for some time now, and it’s expected to make a comeback next year. Expect more urban pieces to rule the ramp, some of which are just perfect for formal looks. While gold is always great, you can go for something in silver too.
Make your wish-list now and start shopping. Many online stores are having some great year-end deals that you can use to save more.